Over the years, the people have witnessed some of the architectural brilliance across the globe which puts the question in our mind whether engineering is an art, skill or just a five to nine profession. In this blog, we will list the top ten best jaw-dropping work of architecture project.
1) Qingdao Haiwan Bridge: This is the world’s longest bridge over water with an estimated cost of around 900 millions in pounds. It helps to connect Eastern China with the Huangdao suburbs across Jiaozou Bay.
2) Burj Khalifa: It is one of the newest entries in the list located in Dubai with an estimated cost of 1.5billion US dollars. It is the tallest vertical structure in the world standing at the height of 830m.
3) English Channel Tunnel: The tunnel opened its door in 1994 and topped the list of the largest transport system. The project stands at an overall cost of 9 billion pounds, and it is also the longest underwater road.
4) Golden Gate Bridge: This structure often considered as one of the most beautiful bridges in the world and was the longest suspension bridge until 1964. The estimated cost of the entire project is around 27 million and located in San Francisco.
5) Hoover Dam: Constructed during Great Depression and named after President Herbert Hoover. It is a concrete arch-gravity dam located on the on the Colorado River.
6) Panama Canal: Often regarded as an architectural marvel which opened several gates for the maritime industry. It connects the Atlantic Ocean with the Pacific Ocean cutting across Isthmus of Panama. The project commenced in 1881 and completed in 1914.
7) Brooklyn Bridge: It is one of the iconic bridges of United States, and it’s both a suspension and cable-stayed bridge. The bridge opened its door to the public in 1883, and the estimated cost of the project is around 15.5 million USS dollars.
8) Aqueduct of Segovia: The structure is better known as the aqueduct bridge of Roman Empire is one of the well preserved historic architecture of the world. Located in Spain, it is the symbol of Segovia and has been kept in excellent condition.
9) Great Wall of China: Though some part of this structure is in ruins, but it still makes the list of Seven Wonders of the World. It stretches from Dandong in the east to Lop Lake in the west. The cost of construction of this wall would range between 13 billion to 65 billion US dollars.
10) Great Pyramid of Giza: It is another old structure in our list which has faced the test of time and still stands tall. Located in Egypt; it is the oldest Seven Wonders of the World.